Mee-go Limited Privacy and Cookies Policy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.mee-go.co.uk (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What we collect.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, we may collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, technical information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to in this policy as a ‘device’) from the Website and is stored on your device’s hard drive. A cookie records on your device information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited the Website before).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give us. We will use this information:
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– if you consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products, special offers, competitions and other communications that may be of interest to you;
– if you enter any of our competitions, to communicate with you about such competition, to select winners, award any prizes, and administer the competition;
– to notify you about changes to our service.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
– to administer the Website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we deliver to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them. We and selected third parties may target advertisements to you based on your previous use of the Website in order to promote our products. In the event that you do not want to receive targeted advertising, please refer to the section on Cookies.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
– business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
– advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
– analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We require that all such third parties treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
– If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored on our secure servers within the European Economic Area.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features (in particular, by applying prior access controls to data for each category of users through management authorisations) for the purpose of preventing unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
In particular, when you register with us online you will be given the option to receive information from us by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. If you opt to receive such information, you can exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on +44 (0)1924 485552 between 9:00am and 4:30pm.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you in accordance with the above for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Access to information
The UK Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access, update, or delete (as applicable) information held about you.
Such rights can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Please contact us at email@example.com to exercise any such right
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on +44 (0)1924 485552 between 9:00am and 4.30pm.